Worked as a commercial litigator at two of the largest firms in the country before becoming a partner at Shapiro Forman Allen & Sava LLP, the litigation boutique where he met Michael Allen.
Yoram has been successfully representing clients in federal and state courts and arbitrations, mediations, internal investigations and settlement negotiations for over twenty years. Experienced in a wide range of commercial disputes concerning contr acts, corporate governance, the First Amendment, fiduciary duties, securities fraud, real estate, intellectual property and bankruptcy law.
- • Member of two-attorney team that obtained judgment for more than $20 million against Harry Macklowe following three-month trial and then obtained an additional judgment for approximately $30 million in a related case.
- • Part of a two-attorney team representing Ambac Assurance UK Ltd. that filed suit against J.P. Morgan Investment Management, Inc. seeking in excess of $1 billion in damages for alleged mismanagement of an investment portfolio. Shortly before trial commenced in March 2017, the trial court granted Ambac summary judgment on one of the core issues in the case. The action was settled on confidential terms during trial.
- • Member of litigation team that defended Nintendo’s trademark for Pokemon.
- • Obtained summary judgment for founder of hedge fund against former employee seeking share of the fund’s profits.
- • Part of two-attorney team that successfully defended Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President of international brokerage and clearing service provider against securities fraud claims.
- • Advised sponsor of Manhattan condominium project on corporate governance, bankruptcy, corporate governance, Martin Act and fiduciary duty issues.
- • Caused all claims to be dismissed against limited partnership and its general partners accused of breaching partnership agreement and fiduciary duties by investing all partnership assets in Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities.
- • Successfully defended former Solomon Smith Barney branch manager in 11-day arbitration in which all claims against him were dismissed and he was awarded sanctions.
- • Defeated petition seeking dissolution of profitable sign company.
- • Convinced estate of artist to withdraw breach of contract and misappropriation claims against publisher.